3.01.2011

AIDS Delaware Red Ribbon Runway Event

Me! Alli Graham, Kelsey Williams, Ashlea Glading, Lisette Ffolkes, ???, Jacquelyn Cuneo, and Caitlin Kane.
This passed Saturday, four Fashion Apparel Design majors were chosen to compete in the AIDS Delaware Red Ribbon Runway Fashion Show! Click "Read More" to see more of my design and etc ^___^ !
This is the best model ever, Alli Graham.  She's wearing a dress I designed and fabricated last Spring semester.  I was inspired by the intricacy of the human mind and how often we complicate the simplicity of life.  Utilizing the placement of over a hundred hand sewn pleats I created a piece in which the viewer can appreciate the whole form of the structure, constantly moving throughout the garment symbolizing how we are always in some type of thought process.  I was also inspired by none other than structural genius, and father of Couture--Charles Worth.  A lot of thought went into the asymmetrical construction of this dress.  It truly reflects all that I was feeling in the Spring of 2010 and that is the beauty of art--expression. 
The models!
?, Jacquelyn Cuneo, Alli Graham, and Ashlea Glading.
Getting a little artsy heh. heh.
Lisette, Ashlea, and Kelsey
Lisette looking fresh in her Urban Outfitters blazer and Dolce Vitas!
Alli looking stunning!
Alli, my baby (dress!), and I!
Announcing the winner.
Cheesin.
Awkward!!!
Cheesing so hardcore it is embarrasing. The award, Alli, and I!
Close up! Yay ^__^

1 comments